Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting the Whole Picture

Just as a benchmark I want to show my garden looking pretty barren as it usually does this time of year. In about a month it will be a completely different story.

Looking past my border fence you can see one of le boyfriend's vegetable gardens and two fruit trees which look like they have laundry on them. They are actually sweaty, unwashed t-shirts clothes pinned to the trees to deter the deer. It isn't much worse than onion bags full of Irish Spring Soap tied to the branches. I don't quite relate to this particular outrage, but I do remember going WILD when I thought grubs had done in a very expensive birds nest spruce. I was forced to use diazanon. Remorse set in immediately as I spent the rest of the day trying to shoo birds from the fatally poisoned puddles.

No comments: