Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dreaming of Ajuga



It has been an awfully long winter. We are one week into April and I still have 1 1/2 feet of snow in my yard. I should have been out there cleaning the leaves out of my sedum to get an early peak at their little brussel sprout heads. It makes me wonder if my peonies won't bloom till July.
I am forced to garden in my mind. That ajuga I planted over by my arbor should be moved to the front of the house to join the other ajuga. My gardens often look like patchworks but I think a unifying plant- like ajuga- would pull that front garden together. As soon as the snow melts I will move it.

4 comments:

Mim said...

OMG! I have been looking and looking for a great garden blog! Thank you. I cannot wait until your garden blooms too. I love your garden, you are (you may not know this, and knowing my garden, may not want to accept this) but you are my garden Mentor.

d smith kaich jones said...

Welcome, welcome! I know nothing from nothing about plants except what I like. Isn't that what folks say about art . . . " I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like . . ." ?? I am happy to have somewhere enjoyable to come & find out stuff!

SMC said...

Au contraire mon petit chou! You are my blogging mentor. I am but a wee babe when it comes to the great wide web. Show me the way and I shall tell you how to pronounce "thuja" and "hemerocallis tetraploid."

Margaret Porter said...

Michelle sent me.
Won't it be nice when the snow is gone and we can have flowers again!
I've got about a dozen new bare-root roses (to add to a collection of 75+) arriving at the end of the month. I'm starting to fear the ground may not be fully thawed by then!