Friday, October 31, 2008

Separated at Birth

I have always described my dog, Henry , as a terrier-beagle mix. He has a muscular terrier's body but the coloring and Baroooo of a beagle, but I think I have changed my mind.

A couple of people have suggested he is a PBGV- or Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen. (Big shout out to you, Mum.) I have disregarded this suggestion because he doesn't have the wiry coat of a PBGV.

It all of a sudden occurred to me that he doesn't have the wiry coat of a beagle either. I did a little reading and he seems to display the exact character traits of a PBGV- independent, untrustworthy off leash, big baroo voice like the hound dog that they are.

So what do you think? I have put in two pictures of PBGVs & two pictures of my noble terrier/poodle/whatever mix.

Whatever- I love that dog to death!

3 comments:

Mim said...

earily alike except that Henry's legs seem longer.

LYC said...

It does seem to fit....longer legs though...Henri, always the one-upsman on everything....other dogs would eat one pound of raw hamburg and be happy (or sick)....but not Henri...he has to go for two pounds....erp.

Unknown said...

I think that he is Henry... and that whatever breed could be associated with him, they should feel lucky for it! (And I've only "met" him through your posts, admittedly.)

That said, they are eerily similar. Any idea where the wiry coat comes from? Might it be something other than terrier? (Just thinking that last question may lead you to another answer... who knows...)