Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful Dreamers









It is that time of year when my state looks like a bad calendar down at the heating oil office or local grain store- stunning vistas wherever you look. This is my neighbor's house- the big building is actually a barn- a classic dairy barn. It is cavernous inside... enough room to store a... barn! Or a big herd of cows.

It also means the state is lousy with leaf peepers from away. You can tell by their out of state license plates, but even blind folded you could tell. They drive at least 20 mph below the speed limit, yet still manage to miss stop signs. I don't mind them so much, but I do give them wide berth. After a while they notice the train of cars on their bumper and pull over. It is the price we pay for living in a place so beautiful that people travel large distances to see what we get to see every day.

I have to admit, despite 46 seasons of this, I still slow down periodically to soak it in.

1 comment:

LYC said...

I have to admit I'mgoing to be one of those leaf peeping louses today along with Nadia and her cousin Deana from DC. We'll watch for stopsigns as long as our awed peepers will permit.